Salisbury Marathon/ Half Marathon/ 5k
Disclaimer: I received free entry to the Salisbury Marathon as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a Bibrave pro (ambassador), and check out Bibrave.com to review, find and write race reviews.
Update: Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, I was able to defer my entry to 2021. All 2020 participants will be mailed their 2020 medal and a custom Hoo Rag. We can then run the distance virtually and share the results with a picture on social media.
Back in January I decided to sign up to run the Salisbury Marathon on Saturday, April 4th, 2020. This race is located and run in none other than Salisbury, MD. I am from and live in Pennsylvania so this was geographically not too far from where I live and made sense for me to run because we could drive there Friday, stay over, run and then plan to spend the rest of Saturday exploring the town of Salisbury. I have never been to this part of Maryland before and also have not run a race in Maryland so this will be exciting on all fronts!
Some of the amazing facts about the races offered:
- The course is not only USATF certified (Full and Half) but is designed for our Physically Challenged athlete friends as well. Special categories exist if you are physically challenged or if you are part of a team or group that helps our Physically Challenged friends!
- The Marathon course is a Boston Qualifier!
- All races are flat and FAST!
- The Half Marathon is run on the same course as the Marathon for 11 miles.
- There are aide stations every 1.5 miles and bathrooms at every one of those stops
- If you aren’t ready for the mid to long distance you can always try the 5k.
- FREE, professional photos – what could be better than that? I don’t know about you, but I struggle sometimes with the cost to buy my race photos because most races charge way too much for them.
- Post-race party – Beer and Live Music – Can’t think of a better way to celebrate after a race.
- Packet pick up is normally two days, and the morning of the race. The first day is on Thursday night and is a local brewery. The second day and race day pick up is scheduled at Salisbury University.
- Our very own BibRave Vanessa Junkin is the coach for race and can provide anyone that signs up with a great training plan.
My goal for the race (half marathon) was to beat my personal record time of 1 hour 44 mins. I was working with my coach on a training plan the last two months that would allow for me to be in race shape and have a really good chance of getting that PR! Even when the race was cancelled I still kept up with my training. I was and still am excited about running this race. I plan to run the virtual run as well as run the race next year on April 3rd, 2021. I hope to see you there as well!
BibRave Discount Code: ‘ BIBRAVE2020’ for 10% off race registration
To check out the Salisbury Marathon check on these sites: